Saturday, August 27, 2011

New Book Released: "Renewal" on Smashwords

Somewhere, my English teacher Ms. Jane Forshaw is crying real tears.

I just watched Smashwords upload my Word document and churn it through Meatgrinder.  The result?

Renewal, by Alan Parr

I'm so happy! This is my first work of fiction (I've published non-fiction work before) and this book was my baby for a long time.  I started writing last summer and got stuck, and put my story away. In April this year, I took it out again and liked what I had written (always a good thing when it happens, which is not always) and knew where the story wanted to go. I just had to write it all down.

Renewal is the first book in a series that looks at Humanity's relationship with Technology (a slippery affair at best) as viewed through the experiences of a boy called Stig and his iFriend.  It is a humorous science fiction and fantasy story, simply because those are the kinds of books I like to read.

So today is a happy day, and I will kickback and enjoy a glass of wine tonight, and consider the misty future through a rose-colored blindfold. And now Ms. Forshaw, I have to ask why you never taught me anything about marketing my stories once they were published?

1 comment: